24/10/08

Grace is gone

And the light brought you to me, so tender, so soft, so sweet and unexpected. Then a ray of light took you away, while I was asleep dreaming about that one and only forest where I find you. Then I woke up and felt empty, like part of me was mutilated by dawn, like part of me dissapeared in the middle of the night, and I couldn't rescue you and I couldn't catch you.

As a bad nightmare I started walking in the middle of the breeze and the obscure black tress that closed my way. I couldn't go any further, my soul was empty and my eyes couldn't see but your face in every whisper of the trees, in every whisper of my heart that couldn't beat anymore. And so I just dropped dead over my knees to ask heaven or hell for one more chance, one little instance, to see you and touch again, to have you in my arms again, holding you tight within my chest, and to be one with you once and for all.

Suddenly trees began to open up, the sky look brigther than ever and a ray of light passed thru the dark and the fog, and opened the road ahead of me. Some strange breeze lifted me up and make me run as fast as I could. I couldn't see where I was going, the road was long and it seemed it will never end, all I did was run and run, and everything just looked the same, but I was never tired, I had time to view all the perfect landscape on both my sides and I continued to run and run without reaching anything at all. Suddenly I stopped for no reason, my feet just stopped moving and I stayed there watching in front of me, breathing heavily besides the clouds and the tall trees. I was amazed, I was astonished and I started to cry, deep inside I felt the need to cry and just let it all out, I layed down for a moment, my face covered with tears, my heart pounding so fast I thought it had life of his own.

Then the wind brought news to me, whispered to my ear the most beatiful words ever pronounced, and it was your voice, although ive never heard it before I knew it was your voice, your sweet voice caressing my ears. I closed my eyes, my hands were open to the sky as I danced to the sound of your words, I let myself carry on into your beauty, and let my mind just fly away. When the wind stopped and I opened my eyes I couldn't see nothing but a big white light in front of me, warm, soft light that embraced me and filled me with joy. I couldn't feel my breath, nor my hands or legs, I just knew I was walking on air without doing a thing and then your voice came again, lifting me up more and more, until I saw your face sketched in the clouds and you smiled and winked. And it was then, at that precise moment where I felt I could just let go of everything and let the wind take me to your arms, so you could embrace me forever and then I could never lose you.

As I closed my eyes everything started to fall apart and I felt my life escaping fast thru my fingers, I couldn't catch it and I didn't want to stop it from flowing away, until I was empty, until I was just the essence of all, of the wind and of the sun, of you and me of everyone around. And my eyes where always opened, but not the ones that try to see, but the real ones inside of me, when you opened your arms and caressed my face and welcomed me to be forever in your grace.


No hay comentarios: